This qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Skills for Health Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications
This course will enable students to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations.
At Immerse Training we pride ourselves on offering First Aid and Pre-Hospital Care Training that meets your needs. Although all our courses meet the requirements of the awarding body, we are more than happy to create bespoke elements that tailor the programme to the environment in which you have a first aid or pre-hospital care responsibility.
Following this course students will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
Who should attend?
This qualification is for people who deal with first aid at work enabling them to be workplace emergency first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This qualification is also for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of emergency first aid situations.
Students must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment of this course is continuous and also includes 1 theory/multiple choice question paper.
Successful students will receive an Immerse Training Certificate, which is valid for three years. This certificate will be issued by Qualsafe, the awarding body for Immerse Training.
Completion of the Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work includes 1 credit at Level 3 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).