Upon completion students will have developed the skills and knowledge needed to provide effective emergency first aid to children and babies.
This qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Skills for Health Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications
At Immerse Medical Training we pride ourselves on offering First Aid and Pre-Hospital Care Training that meets your needs. Although all our courses meet the requirements of the relevant awarding body, we are more than happy to create bespoke elements that tailor each programme to the environment within which you have a first aid or pre-hospital care responsibility.
Following this course students will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock.
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
Who should attend?
This qualification is for anyone who cares for children and babies; including parents, guardians, grandparents or people who have a professional involvement with children and babies.
Students must be at least 16 years old on the first day of training.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment of this course is continuous and also includes 1 theory/multiple choice question paper.
Successful students will receive an Immerse Training Certificate, which is valid for three years. This certificate will be issued by Qualsafe, the awarding body for Immerse Training.
Completion of the Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid at Work includes 1 credit at Level 2 of the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).