This qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Skills for Health Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications
At Immerse Training we pride ourselves on offering First Aid and Pre-Hospital Care Training that meets your needs. All our courses meet the requirements of the relevant awarding body. On top of that, we are more than happy to create bespoke elements that tailor each programme to suit your first aid or care responsibilities.
Following this course students will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Assess an incident.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding.
- Manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Conduct a secondary survey.
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
Who should attend?
This qualification is for people who deal with first aid at work. Enabling them to be workplace first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This qualification is also for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities. This will allow them to provide basic first aid to people in a range of situations.
Students must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment of this course is continuous and includes two theory/multiple choice question papers.
Successful students will receive an Immerse Training Certificate, which is valid for three years. This certificate will be issued by Qualsafe, the awarding body for Immerse Training.
Completion of the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work includes 3 credits at Level 3 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).